With the holiday season now upon us, people everywhere are anticipating the belt-tightening in order to have money for holiday shopping. Just because you’re saving your money for the inevitable splurge on presents doesn’t mean you can’t stay in shape. Here are just a few ways to keep yourself in shape while saving money.
- Purchase a low cost pedometer. These are a great way to track your progress. Wear one while you’re jogging or keep one with you all day long to track how much you walk throughout the day.
- Use furniture as your equipment. Chairs are great at doubling as exercise equipment. Use a chair to do crunches or dips, or create a new way to use a chair for exercise.
- Household items can help you exercise. These may seem a little silly, but you’re in your own home, so who cares? You can use soup cans and water jugs as weights and paper plates as sliders for simulating skating on carpets. Get creative – the possibilities are endless!
- Try using a countertop for push-ups. Counters are usually the perfect height for doing push-ups. Just put your hands on the countertop, extend your legs behind you so they’re at an angle, and do the push-ups.
- Take TV exercise breaks. This one is so simple! At every commercial break, do a quick exercise. You can do some push-ups, sit-ups, squats, crunches, all during the commercial breaks! The best part is the longer you watch TV, the more exercise you’re able to squeeze into your day.
What are some of your favorite cheap exercises?