Sneaking In More Steps Each Day
Posted on July 02 2013
If you’re on the path to 10,000 steps a day and you’ve hit a plateau we’ve got some tips to help you sneak in a few more steps. By making little changes it’s easy to increase your daily step count even if you don’t have the time to add long walks into your busy day. Keep your step counting pedometer on you at all times, because these tips are sure to help you get over your walking plateau and get you to the 10,000 step goal!
- Park far away from the entrance, no matter where you’re at.
- If you find yourself standing while you’re waiting, pace.
- Need to conduct a meeting at work? Propose a walking meeting.
- Choose the farthest restroom at work.
- Take a short walk on your lunch break.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Watching TV? Take a walk during the commercial breaks or get up to change the channel.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Nice day outside? Walk around your house, your garden, your block or neighborhood.
- Consider buying a treadmill. You can watch TV, talk on the phone or read a book all while walking.