Tips for Walking Outside in Spring Weather
Posted on March 17 2013
We absolutely adore when the warmer weather makes an appearance so we can get outside and do some walking! With one of our best rated pedometers and a few other necessary things to pack for our walk, we’re ready to take on spring full-speed ahead. Check out our list below of some tips for when you’re getting ready to walk outside in the warm, bright spring weather!
- When you’re headed out for your first walk in the spring weather, grab a light jacket or pair of gloves. Depending on what time of day you decide to go for a walk, bundling up can be essential.
- Another great reason to bring a coat is to protect yourself from the unpredictable spring weather. Whether it’s raining, snowing, or windy when you head out, having a light coat with you can help you stay dry and warm!
- Drink lots of water before you head out for a walk. This helps keep you hydrated; especially if you’re walking with a friend and talking during your walk.
- If you can’t drink a lot before your walk, bring a small water bottle with you. That way if you have to keep hydrating, you’ll be set!
- Make sure to check the battery on your pedometer. Some of our best-rated pedometers have a battery life of 3 years, so grabbing one with little battery maintenance can be the key to a successful walk!
Have more tips on springtime walking? Leave us a comment below!