Stay Healthy and Fit with these Healthy Easter Alternatives
Posted on March 08 2013
Making the best of your Easter dinner while not cheating on your diet sounds like it’s impossible to do right? Wrong! With the help of us at Pedometers USA, we can help you continue with your dedication to healthy living and still enjoy your Easter dinner with some helpful tips.
- Looking for an alternative for oil or butter? Try using coconut oil! This is a great way to keep things from sticking or as an adhesive for food. Plus, it’s totally tasty and has fewer calories than butter or canola oil!
- Instead of cake, try creating a fruit tower for your Easter guests instead! Great fruits to use would be watermelon, honeydew, or cantaloupe.
- Want something for your guests to crunch on before dinner comes out? Try Kale chips! Wash and dry some fresh kale chips, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 275 degrees for about 60 minutes. A healthy living alternative to potato chips and packed with calcium!
- Instead of mashed potatoes for Easter dinner, try some cauliflower mash. Steam some cauliflower, mash when tender, and add a little garlic for taste. It’s lower in carbs and tastes just as yummy!
- Skip out on the boxed stuffing and make your own with whole wheat bread! You can also add as many vegetables as you want which helps get in those extra vitamins and minerals.
Have more ways to enjoy your Easter dinner without skipping out on taste? Leave us a comment below!