Ok, Summer may be winding down, and you've been to the beach and maybe, just maybe you're feeling a little inadequate based on those other summer beach bods strolling around. Well, even if someone didn't kick sand in your face, you may be feeling a little low. We want you to know you can just stop feeling that way. You and only YOU can do something about it.
You have made up your mind to start a journey of achieving physical fitness, but you're all over the place on where to start. That sounds like many of us when we first began our journeys as well. The truth is, there are millions of ways to accomplish physical fitness. The trick is usually just finding a system that works for you. However, there are a few general tips that would usually work for anyone, whether a novice or an expert.
As you will see from the tips below, commitment and goals are a big part of all of this. One way to measure just how well you are doing and how close you are to reaching your particular goals is with an activity monitor, like the Fitbit Alta Activity & Sleep Tracker, or a heartratemonitor, like the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is even better. These devices will not only keep track of your progress. But some even act like your own personal training coach or training partner. Pushing you to do better and better each time you lace up your sneakers.
Here are 11 Tips to Help You Reach Your Physical Fitness Goals:
1. Train your mind and your body. Mental strength is just as important as physical fitness. On average, one would have to be mentally strong to reach their fitness goals.
2. Learning discipline. Keep yourself motivated and stick to your routines, as this is a huge part of being disciplined. Part of the mental discipline is to commit to the goal of getting fit. And just because you want to get fit won't make it happen. You need to set a series of goals that you can reach to achieve.
3. Set goals. Setting goals is a way to stay focused. This also gives you something to work towards, making it easier to reach physical fitness. Once you have reached that one goal, have another ready to go. Start off with just 3 attainable goals. Goals do NO good if they are unrealistic for you. Goal driven exercise regimens are the most likely to succeed.
4. Working with a training partner is a good way to push yourself. If you train with someone who has a fitness level tantamount to yours, it will add a bit of competitiveness and help you to motivate one another. Not only that, but you will find yourself less able to NOT exercise if you have a partner waiting for you to come along and participate.
5. You get the most out of your training when you sleep properly. Proper rest helps the muscles to recover, which is very important. If your an early riser, or need to get up early to get your exercise routines before you start your busy day, adjust your bedtime accordingly. The last thing you want to do is deprive yourself of that much-needed rest!
6. Mix it up. Alternate your routines to ensure that workouts target all areas of the body and increase both strength and stamina. It is a great idea to switch between weight training, cardio, and even high-intensity workouts.
7. Fit in exercise wherever you can. Leave all of your excuses at the door and fit in your routine where and whenever possible. This means that if you have to do push-ups in your room in the morning and jumping jacks before you shower, do them! And you can try some of the simple things like parking your car a good distance from the door of your business and that goes the same for shopping at the mall... It's those little things like taking the stairs and passing up on that doughnut with your coffee in the morning as well.
8. A good workout must be combined with a good diet. High protein diets, with lots of wholegrain carbs, fruit and vegetables is a great way to go. Also avoid sugary foods. Make sure to eat regularly as well. Shoot for 6 smaller meals to keep you energized throughout the day.
9. Make sure you stay hydrated. The importance of water is never stressed enough. If you have a hard time drinking water, try to spice it up by adding a little cucumber or lemon. Another great additive to your water bottle or thermos are Nuun All Day Sugar-Free Vitamin, Electrolyte Enhanced Drink Tablets
10. Music is motivation. It helps you zone out, get motivated and do your best. I like to listen to hip hop and r&b, or anything upbeat.
11. Relax, Training and Physical sessions are most important, but living a relaxed lifestyle helps you to be the best you can be, physically and mentally. I spend my free time with family and friends, which keeps me relaxed and in a positive mind-set.
Bottom line as you can see from these tips above, there is nothing "rocket science" like about any of them. Just Start! and start toneing that body back into shape,,,, Remember, after the summer, there are plenty of indoor waterparks around now that will let you show off that new toned body of yours in the winter. So what are you waiting for?