Looking for the latest Fitbit? Check out the Ionic and its Key features.
- Ionic offers Music storage (roughly 300 songs / 2.5GB)
- Ionic has built-in Glonass GPS, unlike the Fitbit Blaze you need to run with your phone for GPS Speed and Distance (AKA connected GPS)
- Ionic offers Fitbit Pay - (limitations to which cards are compatible & merchants) the Fitbit Ionic has an NFC chip, similar to the Apple Watch, and therefore it works with terminals that accept this form of cardless payment.
- Water-resistant to 50M (no other Fitbit offers water-resistant except the Flex 2)
- Adidas Edition offers a signature band along with an aluminum case, and a custom clock face with Adidas logo. With exclusive access to Adidas Train, you'll have step-by-step coaching through run focused workouts.
The Fitbit Ionic is a smartwatch packed to the gills with health insights, fitness guidance, smart apps & much more. Do everything from track your laps while swimming to paying for your groceries with push payments. It's more than just a smartwatch, it's the Fitbit Ionic.
Fitbit Ionic Features:
Dynamic Personal Coaching:
Start dynamic personal coaching on your wrist with on-screen guidance for every move and routines that adapt based on your feedback.
Store & Play Music
Store and play 300+ songs on your watch—plus download your favorite stations or curated workout stations from Pandora.
See pace, distance and other key stats on display, while recording elevation climbed, split times & a map of your route.
PurePulse Heart Rate
Get continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate & simplified heart rate zones
Water Resistant up to 50M & Tracks Swims
Wear your watch in the pool or rain & use it to track swim workouts with stats like lap counting, duration and calories burned.
Battery life of 4+ days and up to 10 hours when using GPS, so you can track day to night without charging.
Get instant access to important information like weather or sports updates & popular apps like Strava and Starbucks.
With a built-in NFC chip, you can use your credit and debit cards on-the-go, anywhere that accepts contactless payments.
Track specific workouts in modes like Run, Bike or Weights to see real-time stats on screen & get post-workout summaries.
Automatically record select exercises like running, biking and more & see them saved in the Fitbit app.
Track steps, heart rate, distance, calories burned, floors climbed, active minutes, hourly activity & stationary time.
See call, text or calendar notifications on screen & get push notifications from your favorite apps. Available when your phone is nearby.
Sleep Stages & Insights
See your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep stages & get personalized insights to help you improve.
Use the quick release button to switch your accessory bands to styles in leather & more.
Sync stats wirelessly & automatically to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Fitbit Ionic Specs:
- Fitbit Ionic watch
- Classic wristbands (small and large)
- Charging cable
Sensors & Components
- 3-axis accelerometer
- 3-axis gyroscope
- Optical heart rate monitor
- Ambient light sensor
- Vibration motor
- WiFi antenna (802.11 b/g/n)
- Color LCD
Battery and Power
Fitbit Ionic has a battery life of 4+ days with a GPS battery life up to 10 hours. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary. We recommend charging Fitbit Ionic every few days to ensure you are always tracking.
- Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Charge time (0-100%): Two hours
- Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Saves 7 days of detailed motion data – minute by minute
- Saves daily totals for past 30 days
- Stores heart rate data at 1-second intervals during exercise tracking and at 5-second intervals all other times
Fitbit Ionic is water resistant to 50 meters. After swimming or getting the band wet, we recommend drying the band because, as with any wearable device, it's best for your skin if the band is clean and dry. We do not recommend wearing Ionic in a hot tub or sauna.
If the band gets wet or if you sweat in it, remove and completely dry the band before putting it back on. Give your wrist a rest by taking the band off every now and then.
The Fitbit Ionic classic band is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches, and includes an aluminum watch case and buckle.
Like all heart rate tracking technologies, accuracy is affected by physiology, the location of the device, and different movements.
- Operating temperature: -4° to 113° F
- Maximum operating altitude: 30,000 feet
Syncing & Notifications
Fitbit Ionic syncs automatically and wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading iOS, Android & Windows devices using Bluetooth LE wireless technology.
- Syncing range: Up to 30 feet
- Certain features like smartphone notifications may require Android 5.0+.
Syncing requires Bluetooth LE and Internet connection. Windows 10 computers that do not have Bluetooth LE will need a wireless sync dongle in order to sync.
- Syncs with Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, Android 4.4 and later and Windows 10 devices.
- Music control via Bluetooth Classic on Android and Windows devices. Music control via Bluetooth LE on iOS devices.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.