Touchscreen Touring Bike Computer with Connected Features
- Easy-to-use GPS bike computer with high resolution, 3” glove- and a rain-friendly touchscreen that’s visible even in direct sunlight
- Includes preloaded Garmin Cycle Map with turn-by-turn navigation and Trendline popularity routing to find the on- and off-road routes most-traveled by cyclists
- Built-in GPS tracks how far, how fast, how high and where you ride
- Compatible with Varia cycling awareness devices, including smart bike lights and rearview radar to detect cars and alert drivers
- When paired with your compatible smartphone, you gain connected features, including LiveTrack and GroupTrack, smart notifications, rider-to-rider messaging and built-in incident detection
- Battery life: up to 12 hours
Discover new routes, and stay connected wherever you ride with Edge Explore. This easy-to-use GPS cycling computer features a preloaded Garmin Cycle Map that shows you the routes cyclists like to ride. A variety of connected features lets you stay in touch with other riders as well as the folks back home. With Edge Explore, you have the perfect partner for touring and adventure.
Ready for the Road Ahead
There’s no time wasted with Edge Explore. This bike computer is simple to set up and ready to ride as soon as it comes out of the box. When you can see the directions you need at a glance, you don’t have to miss the amazing views. That’s why we designed Edge Explore with a 3” display that’s bright and easy to see — whether you’re riding in direct sunlight, on a cloudy day or even in the rain. The touchscreen is snappy and responsive, even when you’re wearing gloves.
Ride Toward Adventure
With Edge Explore, you can get lost in the adventure without actually losing your way. It comes preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map, which directs you to just about anything — from scenic countryside routes to eateries and bike shops. The routes are generated with Trendline popularity routing, pulling from billions of miles of cycling data. It makes it easy to ride like a local, along with the routes and trails that actual cyclists prefer. Along the way, Edge Explore provides turn-by-turn directions, and, of course, it’s smart enough to guide you back to the route — or back to start — if you deviate from it or decide to head home early.
Enhanced Cycling Awareness
Edge Explore is compatible with our Varia line of cycling awareness devices, including rearview radar and smart bike lights. By pairing the radar with your Edge, you can get alerts right on your Edge display to cars approaching from behind, helping you see and be seen by the traffic around you. Edge Explore has an assistance feature and built-in incident detection, which automatically sends your location to an emergency contact if you run into difficulty.
Keep your phone packed away, and just enjoy the ride because Edge Explore has all the smart connections you need. Use LiveTrack to let your friends and family follow your real-time location, or use GroupTrack to keep tabs on up to 50 of your riding buddies. If your fellow riders pull ahead or fall behind, rider-to-rider messaging (with a compatible smartphone) lets you send prewritten notes from your Edge bike computer to theirs. Let your friends know if you’ll catch up in a few minutes or if they should go on without you. If you have a flat tire or need assistance, you can send a message to your fellow riders who are paired with GroupTrack, so they can find you.
Customize Your Device
It’s easy to customize your Edge Explore bike computer with the free apps, widgets and data fields you want from our Connect IQ store. Apps such as AccuWeather MinuteCast let you know when the rain will stop so you can find time for a ride. And, if you plan your rides on sites such as Strava, Komoot or Wikiloc, download those apps so you can have your favorite routes imported directly to your Edge for you to follow. Or if you’re looking for a nearby café or bike shop, use the Yelp app to download their locations, and route directly to them on your Edge device.
- Physical dimensions: 4.1" x 2.2" x 0.9" (105.0 x 55.0 x 22.0 mm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz (116 g)
- Water rating IPX7
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Display size: 1.5" x 2.6" (39.0 x 65.0 mm); 3.0" diag (76.0 mm)
- Display resolution: 240 x 400 pixels, touchscreen
- Color display
- Battery life: Up to 12 hours
- High-sensitivity receiver
Maps & Memory
- Ability to add maps
- Storage and Power Capacity: 16 GB
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 200
- Routes: 100
- History: 200 hours
Daily Smart Features
Training, Planning and Analysis Features
- Customizable data pages
- Auto Pause
- Auto Lap
- Auto scroll
- Time/distance alerts (triggers an alarm when you reach goal)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to Garmin Connect)
- Smart Notifications
- Navigation via device, apps, popularity routing and recalculation
- Round-trip course
- Course creator
- Connected capability: Activity upload, LiveTrack, GroupTrack, Rider to Rider Messaging, Incident Detection, Assistance
- Third-Party App access: (via Connect IQ)
- Varia Cycling Awareness accessory compatible
Ca Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning