Garmin Fenix 5S GPS Multi Sport Watch 42MM
Free shipping within the Continental US on orders of $20 or more $499.99 $599.00
The Garmin Fenix 5S is the smallest & lightest of the Fenix 5 models. Packed with features geared towards Trail runners or Hikers, the Fenix 5 is a must-have for you outdoor enthusiasts. There are several version of the Garmin Fenix 5, so to make sure you choose the correct model, check out these differences.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion, 9 days in smartwatch mode, 14 hours in GPS mode, and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode
- Size: 42 x 42 x 15 mm (smallest & lightest version)
- Storage - 54 MB Available
- Weight - With silicone band: 2.4 oz (67.0 g)
- Rechargeable lithium-ion, 2 weeks in smartwatch mode, 24 hours in GPS mode, 75 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Size: 47 x 47 x 15.5 mm
- Storage - 54 MB Available
- With silicone band: 3.0 oz (85.0 g); Sapphire version: 3.1 oz (87.0 g)
- Full-color TOPO & Street Maps
- Rechargeable lithium-ion,12 days in smartwatch mode, 20 hours in GPS mode, 50 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Size: 51 x 51 x 17.5 mm (largest & heaviest version)
- Storage - 12 GB
- 3.5 oz (98.0 g)
Ca Residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
The Garmin fenix 5 series offers multiple models that vary in size to fit every wrist and every workout. Are you ready for this? Each Fenix 5 version offers a variety of stainless steel finishes, QuickFit™ watch band combinations and premium feature sets to give you the look, performance and lightweight comfort to match both your aesthetic and athletic interests. Swim, Run, Bike, Golf, do it all with the Garmin Fenix 5.
New Features in Fenix 5 Compared to Fenix 3
- Premium multisport GPS watch with Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology¹
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Fenix 5 Battery Life - Up to 9 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode, and up to 400hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Training Statistics - Get key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows your training status, training load and more
- Wi-Fi Enabled - Connected features² include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™ online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ™ store
NAVIGATOR + ABC - Built-in navigation sensors include 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter as well as GPS and GLONASS
capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
- Multiple Sport Activity Profiles - Preloaded activity profiles for all of your sports and adventures.
- Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts
- Fenix 5 Water Rating - Water-rated to 10 ATM (100 meters)3
- Data Overlays - Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you don’t have to switch screens while in an
- Around Me - Around Me map mode provides points of interest (POIs), waypoints and other map objects within
the display ring for a user-defined range
- Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride - routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter distances they would like to travel and have the watch suggest appropriate courses
Beat yesterday all day, every day. Garmin fēnix 5 is the premium multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate¹, advanced fitness features and interchangeable bands that let you go from workplace to workout without breaking stride. Whatever sport you want to track, fēnix 5 has it covered, thanks to built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications².
Dual Navigation Networks
Every fēnix 5 series GPS watch features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on settings). And for go-anywhere confidence, all fēnix 5 versions are water-rated to 100 meters.
Advanced Running Dynamics
Now you can go further with your running data. Garmin training features that tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics¹ can help improve your form and overall performance. These include:
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 5 compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 5 estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — shows your stride length in real time
- Virtual Pacer™ (compares current pace to target)
- Recovery advisor
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Every fēnix 5 model provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you’re moving or not. In addition, there’s an internal gyroscope to help improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac™ mode.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
Smart notifications² through fēnix 5 let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch – whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize any fēnix 5 series watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fēnix multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your fēnix 5 to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face-It™ watch face app to customize your fēnix with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch’s face. Whether it’s a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that’s uniquely you.
- fēnix 5
- Charging/data cable
fēnix 5 Sapphire
- fēnix 5 Sapphire
- Extra silicone QuickFit™ watch band¹
- Charging/data cable
¹Extra band not included with fēnix 5S rose goldtone sapphire with white band
- ∼The Fenix 5S is smaller but it is heavier due to the metal casing
- ∼The only other benefit over 935 is 10ATM water resistant but I don’t know many people diving more than 100 meters deep
- ∼It also comes in a sapphire lens version which is on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 9 on a strength scale compared to about a 4 on the 935 lens
- ∼After using many different Garmin watches, or any watch for that matter, over the past decades of running, I have only cracked 1 so although the sapphire lens is nice, I wouldn’t overly worry about the non-sapphire lenses being too fragile
- ∼It is nice to know that you can have peace of mind with the sapphire lens but it comes with a higher cost
- ∼The 935 and Fenix 5 are essentially the same watch physically with the Fenix being a bit thicker and much heavier
- ∼It also has a sapphire lens version
- ∼This is the mack daddy of watches! It is roughly the same size as the former Fenix 3 HR
- ∼The biggest difference is that this watch comes with preloaded OSM (Open Street Maps) for roads and trails and topo maps as well
- ∼You can get routing directions, Points of Interest nearby and Round Trip Routing for any given distance
- ∼It comes with a sapphire lens
- ∼It is twice the weight of the 935
If, for whatever reason, you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to HRM USA within 45 days of purchase date subject to conditions below. Claims for items damaged in transit must be received within (3) business days of receipt of merchandise. Refunds & Credits Refunds on returned items will be issued to the same payment as tendered at the time of purchase or store credit. Once we receive and inspect the product you will be issued a credit back to your account. Please allow 5-7 Business days for a credit to appear on your account. If payment was made by check, the refund check will not be issued within 7- 10 business days after receipt of return.
If the item is returned to us for exchange, please allow 2-5 business days for the replacement to be processed and shipped. All returns are shipped with our Economy shipping method and arrive within 2-10 Days.
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, HRM USA reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee not less than 10% or a $2.95 minimum charge.
All returned items must be in new condition, in their original unaltered box (including the UPC code being intact) and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals,and accessories. Defective items may be exchanged for the same model or manufacturer's equivalent model. Please call us at 800-403-8285 for assistance. Please allow time to discuss any issues you may be experiencing as we may recommend tech support to resolve any issues prior to exchange.
No Used Returns/Exchanges on the following
- Hydration Packs, Water Bottles once any of the packaging has been opened or safety seals have have been broken.
- Computers and Computer Software, once any of the manufacturer's packaging has been opened.
- Heating Pads, once safety seal has been broken
- Electronic Software is not returnable or refundable once opened.
- All consumable items or hygienic items (e.g., Gels, Energy Chomps, Elixirs, etc.) once unwrapped or seal broken.
- Special Order merchandise, Clearance, or any item indicated on the website as non-returnable.
- Imprinted products.
- HRM USA Stores Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash.
HRM USA is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. Unforturnately due to the rising shipping costs, we can no longer offer Free Shipping outside the Continental United States. Orders over $20 that are under 1lb in weight will still ship Free to AK, HI, PR and APO / AE addresses.